Wednesday, December 12, 2007

4 Months Old!

Evan turned 4 months old on Monday! So hard to believe!!

He had his well-baby check-up yesterday complete with 4 more vaccinations. Yuk! He is now 25 3/4 inches long and 17 lbs 10 ounces. Quite a big boy.

I would post a picture, but my camera is currently on hiatus to Dover, NJ for repair under warranty (long story, I'm not too thrilled to relay, but if you really want to know, ask).

Evan also has eczema. For the past month or so I have been slathering him in Eucerin lotion twice a day and he was still turning into something akin to a lizard. Then, more recently, he has taken to aggressively rubbing and sometimes scratching his forehead during the night. I wouldn't see the damage until the next morning as I don't turn on any lights for night feedings. But there he would be in the morning a bloody, scratched up mess. The doctor came into the room and the first thing she said when she saw him was, "He has eczema." So now Evan uses a steroidal lotion three times a day and already on day 2 it has made a huge improvement on his face. He also seems to be relieved of the itching (good for baby) so he will be able to sleep better and wake up less frequently (good for mom). Once my camera has returned from the nether-regions known as Joisy, I'll post some new photos!

No comments: