Thursday, January 17, 2008

Send More Milk!

The request of my babysitter on Monday, relayed through Robert, was send extra clothes and send more milk. Send more milk?! I usually send along 3 full bottles of breast milk with Evan totaling somewhere between 15 and 18 oz. So, as of Wednesday, I'm now sending 4 full bottles, 20-24 oz. And I spend a lot more time with my trusty breast pump.


Here it is in its "at home" location on the end of the futon. Then I can pump and watch Leno and not be driven as crazy by the sucking, whooshing sound! It travels with me to work so that I can spend half of my lunch hour with it as well. I never thought that my breastpump would be the most-used baby shower gift, ever!

Pumping more to get more milk also makes more dishes. Here's my kitchen counter complete with bottles, lids, etc that are air-drying.


And because I cannot and am not willing to breastfeed forever, we have started giving Evan "tastes" of rice cereal and banana.


Of course, it will take a little while until Evan is proficient at eating solids. So, in the meantime, I'm spending extra time with my pump and sipping more nursing mom tea!

1 comment:

Becks & Lee said...

You're the woman! I know I wouldn't have been able to keep up with that sort of demand! Glad to hear that Evan is getting started on the cereal, even if it is just tastes. He will get the hang of it before long!