Wednesday, May 14, 2008

9 Months Old!!

Evan turned 9 months old this past Saturday. He "celebrated" with a check-up at the doctor's. Evan now weighs 20 lbs 8 ounces and is 28 and 1/2 inches long!! He seems to be going through a "more long, less round" phase. The doctor was pleased with how he is growing and said that he looked happy and well-adjusted.

He has been experiencing one of the hallmarks of his age: separation anxiety. It seems to be improving a little. He is at least adjusting well to the new sitter. It's still a scary thing for him when I leave the room for longer than a few seconds and especially scary when I shower!

Evan hasn't shown much interest in crawling or standing, yet. He is able to get around well enough rolling for now. I'm not worried as every baby develops at their own pace. Still no sign of teeth, either, but that's fine with me as he is not yet weaned!

We are looking forward to warmer weather so that we can take Evan on the trails in his bicycle trailer! I think he will enjoy that quite a bit. He loves anything to do with being outdoors!

2 comments:

the Roths said...

Evan is such a cutie! I always had such mixed emotions with separation anxiety. How are YOU doing with it?

Becks and Lee said...

Oh, so cute! Glad to see he is enjoying the shirt also! :o) Hopefully warmer weather will be on its way for you guys soon! I bet he will enjoy going for bike rides :o) And I also hope for your sakes that the separation anxiety moves by quickly!